Wednesday, March 4, 2015

My First Stitch Fix

I discovered this beautiful, wonderful, fun thing called Stitch Fix (thanks to my friend Amy)!

In short, Stitch Fix is basically having a stylist pick out some clothes for you based on a questionnaire you fill out and then you get a cute little box (shipping is free) with 5 items in it for you to try on in your own home.  If you like the selections you keep them, if not you return them in a prepaid envelope.  The only time you have to leave you house is to walk to your mailbox (if you return something).  All you pay is $20 (styling fee) and whatever selections you keep the $20 goes towards.  The only way you lose the $20 is if you don't keep any of the selections.  That's it.  It's simple, it's fun and it's awesome!
 

I'm not very fashion forward; especially after having 2 kids and being completely out of the fashion loop.  My fashion go tos are hoodies, t-shirts, leggings, jeans, and yoga pants.  That's basically what I live in.  And then there are times I have to go out to a fundraiser or dinner with Drew and I need something that doesn't resemble casual clothing.  My go to place is White House Black Market. The reason is that I am a size smaller in their clothes than any where else.  I love their clothes, they last, they are classy and I can get a lot of wear out of them.  But I needed something different, something I wouldn't pick out for myself.  Also, I haven't been shopping for myself in a LONG time for anything other than leggings.  So, I turned to stitch fix.

Here is my first fix:

#1

Queensland Dolman Jersey Top - Dark Purple 48.00


KEPT IT!  Loved it!  It was perfect


#2
Liverpool Mira Skinny Jean   78.00

Verdict:   KEPT IT!!  They fit like they were made for me.  And the best part is: angels sang when I put them on.

#3
Market and Spruce   Chambers Cowl Neck Knit Top   48.00

Verdict:  RETURNED IT.  
When I saw it in the box, I loved it but seeing it on, not so much.  It just hung on me and the neck was way to big.  Also, I have A LOT of grey in my closet.

#4
Daniel Rainn   Luigi Lace Insert Printed Blouse   48.00

Verdict:  RETURNED IT   
I did not like this one at all.  The black v in the middle was lace and way to low for my conservative self and in general the top was way to big, especially under the arms.  

#5
Pink MArtini  Augustina Lace Back Open Cardigan   68.00

Verdict:  RETURNED IT.
YEah, lesson learned.  I should have put on the detailed questionnaire that I loathe cardigans on me.  They look cute on other people but not me.  Also, 68.00 for this cardigan is CRAZY.


My advice is be detailed in your responses on your questionnaire and then on your returns.  It is only going to help them pick the clothes you will love!  Also, each category has a price range, I picked the mid range. 

All in all I ended up with one awesome outfit!  And those jeans that I hear angels when I put them on.  Seriously.  Totally worth it.  Also, those two items are less than what I normally would spend at white house black market.  So, really I'm saving us money.  HA!
I will be doing it again before summer for a new summery fix!

Also, they should have this for men, so I can sign Drew up.  He loves nice clothes but loathes leaving the house to shop for them. 

Here is the link to sign up.  If you use this link to sign up I get 25.00 towards a new fix!  And then when you refer friends (after your first shipment)... you get 25 bucks towards your next fix!  So do it...you won't regret it!
https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/4758731

No comments:

Post a Comment